Formal Letter


WRITING A FORMAL LETTER / E-MAIL


SALUTATION:

Dear Mr/Ms /Sir/Madam/Εditor/Principal/John Baker etc.


INTRODUCTION


I am writing this letter with reference/in response to your advertisement, which I saw in the weekly school newspaper in October 3rd .  I am in favor of/against your proposal/the new measure about …… . I think that we should consider the aspects I will mention below.


MAIN BODY


1st Paragraph

One the one hand I think that …..
Moreover, we should take into consideration that ….
I should not omit that….
For example ….

2nd Paragraph

On the other hand….
Furthermore, an important aspect is …..
Last but not least …..


CONCLUSION


To sum up …..
I hope that my information be proven useful for you.



SIGNATURE 

Yours sincerely, (If you started with 'Dear + surname') 
Yours faithfully, (If you started with 'Dear Sir/Madam/Editor')  
       
                           & Your First Name and Surname 


SAMPLE


TOPIC: Write an e-mail explaining some of the causes of road accidents and what measures you think should be taken to reduce them. Describe specific actions that can be taken to improve the situation and give reasons and examples to justify your suggestions. Begin your e-mail “Dear Editor,”


Comments